Friday, July 17, 2009

Life is not easy

Many times in my life I've found myself thinking too much about me. When this happens I start to get depressed and I often feel lonely or neglected. I start thinking of all MY problems and all MY needs and how they aren't being met. I have a great pity party and get down on others for not noticing my problems or for not helping me in the way I think they should. At times like this I often need a kick in the rear to get me over myself and to have me get my priorities straightened out.

Life is not easy- it's not meant to be. There will be change, there will be trails, there will be tears and growing. We are here to learn how to become like our Heavenly Father which is anything but easy, but oh so worth it! I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who keeps me on the right course and gives me a good kick every now and then if I start thinking too much of myself.

I've found that at hard times- times of fear, loneliness, sadness, doubt etc. that the easiest and quickest way to turn "my frown upside down" is to forget myself and help someone else. When I serve others I am helping someone have an easier day or making their circumstance just that much more bearable and I'm also doing my Heavenly Father's work. As it says in Mosiah 2:17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

I'll probably have to work on this my entire life, but I hope that each time I learn this lesson that I can do a little better. I can see others and help them instead of worry about myself and I can learn from my own trials how to help others get through those same times. Heavenly Father loves us and if we trust in Him with all our hearts He will direct our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment